Congo Yetu Initiative (CYI) operations are based on the community’s vision, which is “A healthy and just society. The Congo Yetu Initiative (CYI) is dedicated to impacting and giving the lives of abused women, girls and children soldiers disadvantaged by social or economic circumstances the means to reach their highest potential by becoming architects of their future and thereby strengthening families and transforming their communities.
Our Main Objectives
- All women and men are equal. They have equal rights in the society and participate in the development activities equally
- CYI will ensure participation of all poor people living in the working areas and provide special emphasis to the women participation as they considerably in backward position
- All CYI staff shall have the equal opportunities for promotion based on their experience and qualification considering gender perspective
- CYI Staff and management will ensure gender justice in all aspect of the organization.
- Empowerment: We provide the supports and the tools to allow growth and lifelong learning for abused women and children. Tools are provided for each woman to rebuild her life.
- All Projects/Programs personnel of CYI shall promote Honesty, Integrity, Sincerity and Transparency in all activities
- Staff behavior and conduct must consider this value and remain honest, sincere and transparent
- Staff and organization will never hide any information to the stakeholders
- All Projects/Programs of CYI shall manage and use their resources cost effectively and in some cases cost recovery basis
- Staff of CYI shall remain highly concerned on best use of resources
- All Projects/Programs of CYI would be environmentally sound
- Beneficiaries of CYI shall possess the knowledge, understanding and capability to identify and resolve their problems. Staff of CYI shall facilitate process
- CYI Management and Staff of CYI shall remain strict to their work plan and demonstrate accountability to the organization
- All staff, beneficiaries and counterparts shall respect the organizational rules and regulation
- Staff shall remain committed to the policy, procedures and system of the organization
- Any violation of rules and regulations would be treated seriously and disciplinary actions would take accordingly
- The CYI staff will respect and have solidarity with all refugees, immigrants, displaced by war, conflict and disaster